the photoshop experiment

how it is I do whatever it is I think I do.

Friday, May 09, 2008

Charlie.


Here we are. A drawing of someone named Charlie. I have no idea who Charlie is.


I painted Charlie's jacket with a brown sort of color on Multiply then turned the opacity down about 50%


I filled the piece with a layer of a reddish Soft Light again, at about 50%


Charlie's skin tone goes in. Multiply on 70 %. I did more opacity changing with this one, more because I wanted to give the pencil a change to work.


I gave the skin a little life with Soft Light.


I cleaned up the pencil work just a touch with a layer of Screen.


I was liking the way it looked so I pushed the pencil on the face back just a touch with a layer of Lighten around 50 %


I strengthened the hair and eyes a little with a layer of Multiply.


The pencil on the face felt a little too strong still, so I pushed it back with skin tone on a layer of Normal, low opacity.


A little blue rim light with Screen.


And for the kill. A final layer of Soft Light at %100 to warm it all up.

____________________________________________


I did this drawing a while ago at work during a down time. I painted it a couple days later just for fun. No big reason. If you are interested in the reference I used for old Charlie here, you check see it here.

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home