the photoshop experiment

how it is I do whatever it is I think I do.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Chapter 2: The Scavenger

Here's an example of taking a thumbnail to finish.

This particular example is from Jack & Inar, written and illustrated by your very own humble The Photoshop Experiment proprietor, set for publication in early 2008. Check back for updates.

never you mind this. ^

Anyway, on to the demo:


_____________________________________


the thumbnail.


Here's the finished drawing. The video below documents the process.





And here's the trick, watercolor painting on top of the drawing.

_____________________________________



Turning it all to B/W.



Adding some more shadows.

_____________________________________



Notice the addition of light with a fine layer of Screen.

_____________________________________







I used a later of Lighten and turned down the opacity some to push this running guy into the back some more.




Finally, a layer of Soft Light, low opacity to achieve the sepia look the book possesses.
_____________________________________

3 Comments:

  • At 8/21/2007 11:32 AM, Blogger ian said…

    I love these. Thanks for the peek into your process. As I've said before, I'd pay for some lessons!

    Ian

     
  • At 6/10/2008 4:34 PM, Blogger Raluca said…

    This is an amazing illo!I just make now my first steps with photoshop CS2,to a BIG THANKS for posting so many interesting info!!I must bring my notebook with me when I visit your site!Have all the best wishes!

     
  • At 5/13/2010 8:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi guys
    Very nice pictures
    Thanks

     

Post a Comment

<< Home